Wednesday, December 22, 2010

ldquo;The Wall” – Pink Floyd – “The Wall” (1979)

"The proof is in the pudding."What does that mean?Do people eat a bag of pudding and so take this epiphany and say, "I`m convinced, God does exist, the proof is in the pudding."A little research/Google reveals that the master saying was "the validation of the pudding is in the eating."That definitely makes more sense.It would be similar if I had some friends over for dinner and decided to make durian pudding for dessert.

s I pass all of my guests a serving, I might say "so, I only found this formula on the internets (if I was slow enough to help people anything durian flavored, there`s no question that I would pluralize the internet), hmmm, I promise you guys like it, but the proof is in the feeding of the pudding, bottoms up, suckers."That instruction would make sense, but it wouldn`t make sense that I would take a whole multitude of friends gullible enough to get over to my family and let me give them durian flavored treats.

Here we are though, who knows how many years, and iterations down the line, and wish a cluster of lemmings, who hardly make sounds that we`ve heard before but make no idea if they receive any real meaning, we walk around saying "the proof is in the pudding."It`s about as slow of a saying as the reaction by somebody who thinks they`re getting one pulled over on them and says, "you`re shittin` me."What the heck does that mean?If I say something that seems somewhat unbelievable someone might suppose that I`m defecating on them.Like, I believe so ill of you that I`m going to say something that will make you to appear at me in the question turned sideways canine kind of way, and so to show how slow you are, I`m going to fall over and sit on your lap and drop a deuce.Why do we say the random things that we do?Don`t get me wrong, I know a pathetic number of words or two (one of my Christmas dinner guests loves to say "holy shit balls" now that`s just good clean fun mixing religion and bodily excretions in complete union) but be creative folks, invent the ridiculously exclamatory things that you say and quit relying on your grand parents sayings because after all "you can`t hold your coat and eat it too"

And now second to the pudding, I mean music.

- DAVE

No comments:

Post a Comment