Wednesday, September 28, 2011

David Gilmour: 'Pink Floyd Reunion Is Just As Improbable As Ever .

and Gilmour put away their long-running feud and reunited onstage after 24 years at the Live 8 concert in London in 2005, and they have since performed together again for a low-key charity show and during Waters' The Wall spectacular in the British capital earlier this year.

But Gilmour insists fans who are hoping for a full-scale reunion are praying for something that is unbelievable to happen.

Asked if he and Waters have a better relationship these years during a new Rolling Stone magazine interview, the guitar great says, "You would mean so, yeah. but it's nearly non-existent. I played on Roger's Wall show here (in London) one night a few months ago, and I haven't heard a book from him since."

And he's convinced a reunion tour will never happen: "Roger spent a lot of time after (Live 8) saying how he would roll over gracefully for that one occasion, but it wouldn't happen again, which reinforced my views.

"I see how other people need that kind of thing (reunion) to happen, but I'm entirely selfish in reasoning that I desire to love my declining years exactly the way that I desire to. And that wouldn't be office of it."

But drummer Mason is refusing to yield up on a reunion: "I guess it's one of those things where I'm not quite quick to say it doesn't exist anymore. It might be I'm a sad person and just can't let go of something, but it's simply that impression that, you know, who knows?

"I say I know in trust that there might be another Live Aid or something similar that. I don't seriously expect anyone to suddenly announce that we should get back into studios and knocking out an album. I'm quite keen on not saying it's all over. It's part to do with me hating the theme of conceding any kind of retirement. I've always held the doorway open.

"I absolutely love that David wouldn't need to do anything at present but, you know, people change. In a year's time, a few days' time, whatever."

Pink Floyd

Pink FloydA full-on Pink Floyd reunion between David Gilmour, Nick Mason and Roger Waters appears to have stalled because the band's leaders have failed to hold in touch following a triad of unexpected get togethers in late years.

Waters

No comments:

Post a Comment