Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Dear Pink Floyd Outside the Dial

It is with a great heart I publish this blog.You have been on the very top of my best concert ever list for the past 5949 days.For those of you who care, that would make us support to July 12th, 1994.The dark when the Division Bell tour arrived at Soldier Field in Chicago.Little did I acknowledge the affect this night would get on me.I think the dark like it was yesterday.

nyways, I am hear to assure you that you've been knocked down to #2 on the list.The point I saw last night which featured Hot Chip and LCD Soundsystem has replaced you at #1 concert ever.I've given this a lot of thought and tested to get up with reasons not put it above you, but I can't do it.No one is always on top forever.There are many reasons why I find it is meet that this point is really suitable as a replacement.1.From top to penetrate both with Hot Chip and LCD, best set list ever2.Never have I experienced such raw energy and fun loving crowd3.The theatrics were simply awful and knowing James Murphy who puts a lot of Pink Floyd innuendo in his lyrics, the theatrics were a subtle tribute to Pink Floyd IMO4.Where I am in my life, middle aged and enjoying and active in this show, I believe I needed it5.It took a raw edge English band to complement a raw edge American band to dethrone you6.I can just imagine this is like to what the UFO days were alike in the 60s7.There was a lot of drug use at this show8.This is probably the final time I'll see LCD Soundsystem since Murphy plans to withdraw the ring after this tour (similar to the state Pink Floyd has become)9.I had very high expectations for this concert (something I never do) and it exceeded themSo I thank you for being so tough to dethrone for 16yrs, 3 months and 13 days.Now Pitchshifter and I differ on our top concert ever.Vids below.This was LCDs opening song.Dance Yrslf Clean. what a way to go and it didn't slow downSo glad LCD played this song.Here's "You Wanted a Hit" from the show.Here's the opener for Hot Chip - And I Was A Boy From School

No comments:

Post a Comment